This programme is to respond to the need for M&E practice both in the private and public sectors. Its aim is to track performance, enhance efficiency, effectiveness, promote transparency and accountability in various sectors. This programme is unique and timely. It is one of the Master of Arts in monitoring and evaluation programmes in the Eastern Africa region which cuts across disciplines. Its generic form makes it a versatile programme catering for diverse disciplines. This is a deliberate move informed by the fact that tracking of performance and the application of monitoring and evaluation approaches to enhance performance is a need spread across disciplines. This notwithstanding, the programme also recognizes the special interests and needs which may arise from the time to time, this programme has provided room for special topics.
The monitoring and evaluation programme stands out because of its holistic approach which integrates Christian approach and practical learning. The monitoring and evaluation will provide MA students graduating from the programme with an opportunity to pursue doctoral studies in this discipline. The monitoring and evaluation programme will provide a good opportunity to enhance the linkages between the academia and the service provision in diverse development fields (the industry). The monitoring and evaluation programme fast track the institutionalization of monitoring and evaluation in diverse development initiatives
Goal of the Programme
The goal of this programme is to equip the student with knowledge and skills for monitoring and evaluation of diverse programmes. Ultimately, it will enhance proper utilization of resources and effective service delivery.
By the end of the monitoring and evaluation programme the student will be able to:
- critically examine the utility of monitoring and evaluation in development programs;
- apply monitoring and evaluation knowledge, skills and procedures in project management processes;
- analyse project activities on the basis of monitoring and evaluation framework;
- demonstrate research skills in monitoring and evaluation and link research to programmes and policy;
- conduct monitoring and evaluation as a professional service offered through out-sourcing or consultancy services;
- demonstrate ethical standards in monitoring and evaluation practice;
- integrate Christian Principles in monitoring and evaluation processes and practice.
A Bachelor degree holder or a higher degree from an accredited institution, with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale), or a degree awarded with a second class honours, upper division or a lower second class honours with two years relevant experience
Provider - Daystar University
Format - Face to Face
Cost - Not specified
Duration - Not specified
Focus areas - Advanced
Learn more - Website