Manage different types of training courses and track enrollment and results
Manage a list of donors, training providers, courses and unit standards. Link these to your trainings to avoid re-entering data.
Maintain a unique registry of all students. Record their educational history and link them to courses that they take and the results they attain.
Track who takes which course
Register new trainings, track which students are enrolled and the results they attained
We currently have one version of the Outcome Harvesting App available that has been co-created with Intselelo. Other versions are being configured with different organisations that extend the functionality to track attendance and give more flexibility around defining unit standards that make up courses.
How does it work?
The Training App and Students App can be adopted into your BetterData community. BetterData is web based and runs on smart phones and computers via the Google Chrome browser. The Student App works in the following way:
- Register students - Click on the App to see which students have already been registered. Each student is checked before they are added to avoid duplicates.
- Record student educational details - Once registered you can also enter the student's educational history
The training App works in the following way:
- Administrators can pre-enter information on the following areas:
- Unit standards - This is a competency certified by a qualification authority. You may enter any number of unit standards and define each one
- Course - This is a collection of unit standards.
- Training institute - These are partner organisations that you work with to deliver training. They may also access to app to record trainings that they deliver
- Funder - An organisation funding trainings. This allows you to track who funded which training
- Qualification authority - The authority that certifies the training, usually an academic institution
- Creating profiles for each training - People with the Admin role can register new trainings that will take place. Each training references one of the courses already entered, the funder(s) and the training institute. This avoids re-entering this information each time you add a new training
- Record enrollment and results - Once the training has taken place you can record which students enrolled (linking to their entries in the students app) and what results they attained.
- Translations - The App is available in English, but can be translated to other languages
- Data aggregation - Use the Reports App to create your own reports. Reports can combine data from trainings, students, courses, unit standards and so on into one report. See the Reports App for a full description of the options available.
- Work offline - All BetterData Apps will continue to work should your Internet fail. Any trainings you save while offline will synchronise to the server when your connection is back again.
Who is using it?
We have worked with Intselelo to co-create the App. We have worked on a variation of this App with the National Tooling Initiative Programme in South Africa.
Ready to get started?
Would you like a guided demo of the Students and Training Apps? Get in touch and we'll schedule a Skype or Zoom call to take you through it. We also offer consultancy to customise the App if you need to change things.
We have several options to fit different circumstances. All include unlimited users and a fair usage policy on the number of students and trainings that you store.
Just the basics
The basic package is designed to get you started within a few days at an affordable price. This includes:
- Creating your own BetterData community (this can be used to adopt other Apps too)
- Adding your logo
- Adopting the Student and Training Apps
- Creating two reports for you (you select which fields to include in each report and what filters apply)
Price - £1000 for set-up plus £1500 a year (includes hosting and backups)
Advanced on boarding allows you to customise the App however you like. This includes integrating it with other Apps (for example project tracking). Examples of things covered in advanced on-boarding include:
- Modifying the training forms
- Modifying the workflow
- Translating the App into additional languages
A customisation project may take only a few days, depending on what you want to change.
Price - £450 per day
All in one
If you're working on a large programme and need peace of mind, we can also offer a fixed cost package that covers everything you need. This includes:
Hosting and daily backups
Unlimited support (for practical reasons we need to communicate with one or two people)
- Maintenance (updates to ensure compatibility as we make enhancements to the BetterData platform)
- Free upgrades as they become available
- 4 days of training or consultancy a year
Price - £4500 a year
Additional support and training available at £75 per hour.